Believe it or not, Landen turned 8 months old on August 28th! I was looking back at pictures from right after we brought him home from the hospital and it is AMAZING how much he has changed and grown since then. My little guy now has three teeth on the top and a fourth one about to break through, along with the two on the bottom. So he has a total of five teeth and is working on six! Everywhere we go people are amazed by what a laid-back baby Landen is. He just goes with the flow and smiles the whole time. At the mall this week one lady asked me if she could touch his toes and another lady told me to take him away or she would eat him! Of course, he loves all of the attention and does everything he can to keep it as long as possible. He will clap, smile, tilt his head from side to side, click his tongue, or coo just as long as everyone is looking at him. Just in the past week he has developed a temper and when things don't go his way he stiffens up, holds his breath, turns red, yells, and twists his wrists like he is revving up a motorcycle. I have no idea why he does that with his wrists but if I can ever catch it on camera I will post the picture so you can see it. Landen is becoming more mobile each day but still not crawling quite yet. He is curious about everything though and once he starts crawling I am sure he will learn what "no, no" means very quickly!!
| They love taking a bath together! |
Ethan is doing great in school. His dad and I attended parent teacher conference last week and his teacher said that he is a joy to have in class. She said Ethan is her little helper and likes to keep the other students in line. That is our little Ethan.....a bit bossy but will make a very good leader throughout life. She advised he has trouble cutting paper which we knew and we believe it is due to him being left-handed. Ethan is such a sweet child most of the time and in the mornings when I drop him off at school he says the sweetest things like "Mom, you are the greatest mom ever". But when I pick him up in the afternoon it is like he has been replaced by a stubborn, grumpy, disagreeable old man! I think it is because he is overly tired in the afternoons and refuses to take a nap. So, we have been trying to get him in the bed earlier so that we can try to resolve this issue and keep our sweet little boy from getting into BIG trouble for his attitude!
We went to the lake for Labor Day weekend with our family and had a ton of fun! Both of the boys enjoyed the pool, as usual, and Ethan went fishing a couple of times. It was a nice break for all of us. I have pictures to share but haven't uploaded them yet and it is late so I will get them on here soon.
This weekend we have several fun events going on......Jennifer and Ben's wedding shower is Saturday morning and then we are supposed to go to Balloons, Tunes, and BBQ in BG with Amanda and her kiddos if it doesn't rain. Then on Sunday after church everyone is coming over to celebrate my mom's birthday and grandparents day. Should be a weekend packed with excitement!!
No comments:
Post a Comment