A couple of Saturdays ago we met up with friends to watch a Hot Rod's baseball game. It was some type of agriculture day, so they had tractors parked out front of the stadium and of course the boys enjoyed checking one of them out...
Ethan enjoyed playing with our friends youngest daughter. I thought the second picture of them nuzzling was SO precious! THIS made me want to have another baby. Just watching Ethan with her did me in. However, once we got in the truck and the boys started arguing over a toy the baby fever went away pretty quickly, ha! Anyway, there were fireworks after the game and, as always, they were awesome! The boys also enjoyed some time on the inflatable at the stadium and in case I had any doubt that Landen was fearless, I now know that he is FOR SURE! Nothing is to high or too difficult!!!
Last Wednesday, Ethan lost yet another tooth. The tooth fairy is VERY familiar with our house lately. His teeth are falling out left and right!
| Ethan's lunchbox is the one on the right. |
*Disclaimer: This next paragraph makes Landen sound like a terror. He really isn't at all. He just doesn't do well with busy days, no nap, and constantly being restrained (strollers, car seats, carts, etc). *
Once we were finished with school registration (where Ethan saw all of his prior teachers, his principal, and a few other school staff that he knew and talked their ears off & Landen decided to crawl out of his stroller WHILE I was pushing it!!), we headed to BG to sign up for Fall baseball. While at sign-ups Landen rolled his hot wheel under the workers feet at least three times while I was filling out the paperwork and then as we were leaving, I was holding his hand and walking and he decided to throw himself in the floor. It caught me completely off guard and I nearly wiped out. I had to do a little dance maneuver to keep from stepping on him. It was SO embarrassing! Once we recovered from that ordeal and the punishment, we went to the dermatologist's office to pick up a book that we had left there last week. After, herding Landen up to the office (he wont stay in a stroller and does back bends until you put him down, so I let him walk but insist the he hold my hand) the book that they had been holding for us for a week wasn't even our book. Ugh! Ours must have been picked up and taken home by someone else who was in the waiting room. Our last feat of the day was heading to Target for school supplies. The school supply isles were packed and ransacked, we were all worn out, and the boys seemed to have been affected by a sudden stomach upset. So, we got what we needed and once everyone was cleaned up, we got OUT of there! I usually browse in Target for quite some time, but not this trip. We grabbed Fazoli's family meal for dinner and headed home to eat with Josh. What a day!
This past weekend we finally celebrated Independence day with a backyard get together, complete with water fun for the kids, bbq, corn hole, fireworks, and lots of family and friends. It was very enjoyable, my only complaint was the humidity. Is anyone else ready for Fall??? This girl is!!!! I'm looking forward to cooler weather, Jackson's Orchard, football, Pumpkins, and my sweet boy's 8th birthday. It's my favorite time of year. The only downfall is Ethan having to go back to school. We will miss him SO much during the day!! Landen is going to be so lost without him. The one night he stayed with my grandparents overnight a couple of weeks ago, Landen got up the next morning running around the house saying "Jar, wheah aww you??" and when he couldn't find him he came running back to my bedroom crying. It broke my heart! But change is a part of life and we will get into a routine again soon enough. Until then, I'm off to enjoy having both of my boys being home with me and maybe this weekend....just maybe, we'll do some back-to-school clothes/shoes shopping. But we're gonna' make it fun and hit up the Lego store while we are there!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment