Monday, October 25, 2010

Fun Fall Festivities


Ethan selecting just the right one ;)

He was quite happy with his selection.
So, we have been very busy this past week with Fall festivities!  Last Wednesday, Landen and I went with Ethan's kindergarten class to the pumpkin patch at the methodist church on the square.  Ethan had a great time with his buddies and he was very proud to show off his little brother.  They ate a snack and watched a cute video.  Landen behaved very nicely as usual and he is now very fond of Ethan's teacher.  He kept reaching out to her when she talked to him.  It was sweet. 
Ethan's class + Landen

Landen just hanging out at the pumpkin patch.




So,then this past Saturday we headed up to Jackson's Orchard with my grandmother and Ethan's cousin, Zoe, to meet up with my cousin, Jenna, whom we usually only get to see on holidays. The only one of us who had ever been to Jackson's was Jenna so she was kind of our tour guide.  The kids had a blast sliding on the cider slide, riding ponies, picking pumpkins, and of course bouncing in the fun house.  The weather was perfect and the apples with caramel dip were wonderful!  I think we may just have to make a trip to Jackson's Orchard part of our annual fall festivities.

Coming down the cider slide at Jackson's
I have a goofy look on my face from excitement & Landen looks totally not enthused!
On Sunday, after church and a pto meeting we carved and painted our pumpkins.  I have been trying to figure out how to involve Landen in the pumpkin decorating process and a friend of mine had a great idea on her blog.  Her little girl is a little younger than Landen and she let her finger/hand paint a pumpkin and put a cute little bow on top and her initial on the front.  It was adorable and I commented on her blog that I was going to steal her great idea ;)  So, we decorated the evening away and this is what we came up with....

But, it took this to get there.....




Now, this week we have a fall festival at Ethan's school along with his fall class party!  And at the very end of the week.....Ethan's birthday party!!!!  Fun, fun, fun :)                         


1 comment:

  1. How cute are your pumpkins! And I love that you put them on candlesticks! Landen looks a tad too clean! :)

    ReplyDelete