Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Very Eventful End to October

*Note: I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks because our laptop stopped working this past week.  We just needed a new charger and hopefully it will be in soon (I am using Josh's company laptop that he brought home for the weekend). 

Well, we ended October with tons of excitement!  Some good excitement and some not so good.  The not so good happened on Tuesday, Oct. 26th.  Franklin had bad storms and tornado watches and I truly believe a "mini tornado" touched down in our backyard!  It tore our fence up and wiped all of my furniture off of the front porch!  It also tore our neighbor's storage shed down and then picked it up and threw it over the fence, damaged their fence, and split a big maple tree in their backyard!  The craziest thing is that it picked up a patio chair from the backyard of a house that is atleast 2 football fields away and blew it to the back of our backyard!!!  Thank God it wasn't any worse and no one was hurt.
This is the part of our fence that attaches to our neighbors.




This was where the drive through gate was.
This is my chair from the front porch...look how bent the legs are!
This was a table on our front porch.  The glass was shattered not far away.



The rest of our "end of October events" were much happier happenings.  On Thursday, October 28th Ethan turned 6 years old!  But we didn't celebrate until Friday because Franklin Elementary's fall festival was Thursday night.  Since I am an officer of their pto I helped set up for the festival from lunch until it started at 5pm.  Josh was going to bring Ethan but he got stuck in Nashville traffic so my good friend Amanda picked him up from Mom's and brought him with her kids.  Josh came a little late and they had a blast going on a hayride, playing carnival games, and bouncing on the inflatables.  I had to work the booths throughout most of it but also got to watch Ethan from a distance and all of our hard work was well justified by the smiles on the kid's faces. 

On Friday, October 29th Ethan's class had their fall party.  As a homeroom mother I was able to help plan this event and I must say it was a success!  We decorated the room super cute and the kids made bookmarks, played "Pass the Hot Pumpkin" and Jack O'Lantern Jump, and had a plateful of snacks.  It is so rewarding to see the joy on their little faces when they see what you have prepared for them!    Then, Friday night we celebrated Ethan's 6th birthday at Monkey Joe's in Rivergate. He ended up having 20 of his little buddies not counting all of the adults attend and he was in heaven!  His party was Hot Wheels themed and the cake turned out super cute.  Ethan got tons of presents and loved all of them but most of all he enjoyed running, jumping, and playing with his friends.  I cannot believe that my baby boy is 6 years old but I am so very proud of the wonderful little boy that he has become. 

The table decked out in Hot Wheels decor
The cake made by Shelby Simmons


Landen saying "Yay"


The Birthday Boy

The great grandmothers feeding Landen cake

Ready to blow out his candles
My very sleepy lil' man
On Saturday (the 30th) we went Trick or Treating.  Ethan had a homemade John Deere tractor costume (per his request) and Landen was a cute little spider.  Landen only trick or treated family to make it easier on both him and us but Ethan and I walked an entire neighborhood with our good friends Amanda, Alera, and Ty.  Ethan had his picture taken for the Franklin Favorite and he loved all of the attention and comments that he got on his costume :)

 


October was so full of excitement that we haven't known what to do with all of our free time so far in November.  I spent some time with my best friend Jennifer this weekend and she was suprised to see Landen crawling which reminded me that I hadn't posted that on my blog.  He is army crawling all over the place!  He can even pull himself up from sitting to standing now.  Needless to say, he is into EVERYTHING these days but that is just part of this stage.  He is growing so quickly but it is such a joy to watch.  The other day while Ethan was at school Landen decided to crawl into his room and dump out a bucket of trains.  When I walked in he looked up at me as if to ask if he was in trouble and when I smiled he dove right back into them.  He had a ball and I picked them all up when he was done so Ethan never even knew....hehehe!       


Today before church the boys played with a cardboard box and then after church we went to the square and took a few pictures of the boys and I just have to share those and then I will hush until next time :)


       

No comments:

Post a Comment