Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Days of Summer

Well, Ethan's ball team didn't win the championship but they did come in first in their division!  They are a great group of boys and we could not be prouder of them...especially our #1 little ball player.


He doesn't want to play any other sports so we are debating about signing him up for Fall Ball in Bowling Green.  That way he would get more experience on the field and it would keep him active.  We all enjoyed this baseball season very much.  Even Landen will miss his little park buddies. He has even been practicing to be a little ball player himself...


Ethan has been practicing riding his bike without training wheels with the help of his dad.  He hasn't mastered it yet but our goal is for him to by the end of Summer.

Both of my boys are growing by leaps and bounds both in size and in achievments.  Ethan has been sleeping in his own bed for almost 2 weeks now.  Up until now he has been in our bed and every birthday he says "I'll start sleeping in my own bed next year."  Well, he got a sunburn a couple weeks ago because he refused to wear sunscreen and so he was sleeping on the couch to keep us from hitting his sunburn while we slept.  One day I said, " You know if you can sleep on the couch by yourself you could sleep in your own bed and be a big boy.  It isn't that much farther across the house and Dad and I would be right across the house if you needed us." And that was it.  That night he slept in his own bed (all night long might I add) and has been in there ever since!  The first night was a little rough on me but I sleep SO much better without his feet in my ribs and I am way to impressed and proud to be sad!

Landen is following in his big brother's footsteps.  Recently, we put his crib up and got out Ethan's old toddler bed for him.  He isn't sleeping in there at night yet (though we may try that soon) but he is taking naps in there.  He is such a big boy and so very independent!!! 


We brought in the actual "first day of Summer" with some back yard fun...


 


We celebrated Father's Day with all of the family and a fish dinner.  We even had strawberry and cherry cheesecake for dessert...yum!  Landen hadn't had a good nap and refused to be in a picture but I did manage to get one of Ethan & Josh even though Ethan is being silly...
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father to my kiddos.  We couldn't imagine our lives without him!!!

Yesterday, the boys and I along with Ethan's friend Alera went to the movie theater to see "Mr. Popper's Penguins".  It was a really cute movie and the kids really enjoyed it....once we got to the right theater, lol!!  I am losing my mind these days!  I had looked up the show times online the night before and saw that it was playing at the Greenwood Mall theater but for some reason I still went to the Great Escape 12.  We rolled in with five minutes to spare in which we had to take a bathroom break, get a snack and our tickets.  When I asked for the tickets they advised me it was at the other theater.  I felt like an insane person!  So, we loaded back up (with our big Great Escape cup of drink, mind you) and headed to the correct theater.  We were too late to watch it at the time we had planned so we had 30 minutes to kill just hanging out in the theater.  We even asked if we could take our Great Escape drink in with us instead of buying another one.....DORK!  That's what the nice movie workers were thinking about me, I am sure.  It is hilarious today but not so much as it was happening!







Now, for this week we are off to Landen's 18 month checkup on Wednesday, meeting up with family friends on Friday to see Cars 2, Celebrating Independence Day and Josh's 30th birthday with a cookout on Sunday, and then we head to the lake next Monday.   I'll tell you all about it allsoon, but until then....
Shoveling his snacks in with both hands.
Sooo sleepy....

No comments:

Post a Comment