Saturday, July 16, 2011

Enjoying Every Second of This Crazy, Beautiful Life...

So, Landen turned 18 months (Yes a year and half already.....seriously!) the day of my last post and I have failed to do an official "18 month post" so I will just summarize.  His 18 month checkup went as well as it could.  We went thinking he didn't have to have any shots and he ended up with three, so that part wasn't fun. But, he now weighs 34 pounds!!!  He is still cutting his canine teeth.  His favorite words right now are ball, tractor, and still "uh-oh".  I expressed a little concern to the ped. that his vocabulary isn't expanding as much as I'd like but he said as long as he's understanding us and expressing himself when needed then he is doing fine.  His vocabulary may just be a little behind his ability to comprehend how to communicate.  Well, he communicates fine!  He drags us by the hand to the fridge, or pantry, or toy box, and points at what he wants.  We are working hard to attach words with what he points at but he just looks at us and nods.  Landen still loves any type of toy automobile and has perfected his motor sound.  He is just too much fun! 


June 28th was also our 8 year wedding anniversary!  My hubby planned a wonderful day for me to go the spa and have lunch with a dear friend.  And then, that night he took me to see "Fast Five" (Yes, he offered to go to a chic flick with me but I love all of the "Fast and The Furious" movies) and then we were supposed to get dinner somewhere nice BUT (here's the funny part) we were so tired by 10pm that we went through the drive-thru at White Castle and headed to Mom's to get the boys, lol!  Now if that's not a sure sign that we are getting old...I don't know what is!!! Anyway, I am so blessed to have spent the last 12 years of my life with such a wonderful man and the past 8 married to him.
No, I am not wearing a coat in June....this was Valentine's Day, lol.
On Friday night, July 1st we met up with some good friends of ours, The Harris Family at the theater to see Cars 2.  I had taken one of the Harris boys, Roddick and Ethan to see RIO back in May and they saw the Cars 2 poster and have been looking forward to seeing it together ever since!

I forgot to mention in my last post that we have added a new member to our family!  His name is Ricardo and he is so sweet!
Ethan earned a new pet by earning 500 points on his job chart, which is basically a program that we use to teach him independence and responsibility.  If you like to check it out go to http://www.myjobchart.com/.

On Sunday July 3rd, we celebrated Josh's 30th birthday along with Independence Day with a cookout complete with good food, great friends and family, corn hole, water play and an inflatable for the kids, and fireworks!  It was a blast!!!  Of course I failed to take ANY pictures but I do have a couple pictures of Ethan & Josh on his new toy...

















On Monday July 4th, we headed to KY lake with my grandparents and parents.  During the week, Amanda and her family came over and then for the weekend our good friends The Sanford's and The Ferguson's joined us.  It was a great week filled with lots of fun and wonderful memories!!!



Landen with his Grammy

Josh caught the biggest bass he's ever caught!
Ethan learned to put his head under water


Alera tubed!

Jennifer gave L a mo hawk and Ben kept him afloat
Alera & Echo


Richard took each kid for a ride on the jet ski (here with Erin) .

My little man just chillin'!

Since we got back home, the boys have been taking swim lessons.  Ethan is doing wonderful!  He can now swim underwater like a fish.  He has learned two different strokes and he doesn't hold his nose anymore!  He can touch his but to the bottom and float on his back.  I don't have any pictures of them at lessons because I have to get in the water with Landen but this is what they look like on the ride home...
 
LoL....it absolutely wears them out!



After a middle of the week, last minute trip to Georgia for Josh's job we are all exhausted!  We are hoping things calm down for us in the next few weeks so we can savor the few weeks we have left of  "Summer Break".

No comments:

Post a Comment