Our Labor Day weekend at the lake didn't go so smoothly but we enjoyed it anyway. Our boat battery was messed up so we didn't get to ride the first two days and then it rained the last two days! My parents had a flat tire while coming over on their motorcycle, and Landen suffered from an ear ache while we were there. BUT, we did enjoy swimming, shopping, fishing, and just being with family!
Ethan has had four ballgames in the past eight days so we have been crazy busy running back and forth to the ball park! He's really enjoying it though and we're loving that it's keeping him active.
This past weekend we celebrated my mom's 45th birthday and my brother's engagement with parties. I enjoyed every minute of it but come Monday I was exhausted. Luckily, Josh had a dentist appointment before work that morning and was able to take Ethan to school for me. Landen & I took full advantage of our morning to sleep in ...he slept until 10am and I am ashamed to admit that I did too!!
Landen is learning new words every single day now!! There is no way that I can keep up with them all but a few that I know are new are deer ("deah"), balloon ("bwoon"), boat, there it is ("eah tis"), Derek (my brother "Dek"), and Amanda (my brother's fiance's name and also one of my best friend's "Amana" sometimes "Anana").
Yesterday, I visited Ethan at school and had lunch with a friend. This afternoon I am grocery shopping (and I'm pretty excited about it since I have my price matches and coupons already...I'm kind of a newby at that). Tomorrow I plan to yardsale with friends and take Ethan to his ball game. And this weekend we are going to enjoy a low key, stay at home kind of Saturday. The only productive thing I am going to do is pull out the boy's Fall clothes and reorganize the bottom of my pantry. Other than that we are going to play, watch movies, and enjoy having nothing important to do. We are all looking forward to the fun Fall events that October will bring....pumpkin carving, birthdays, costume hunting, deer hunting, our annual Fall camping trip, and Fall break from school!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment