On Thursday 1/10, Landen and I hung out at home all day and played. Since we didn't have to go anywhere I decided we would try wearing underwear for the day and see how Landen would do. We have worked on potty training before, a few months ago, and he just didn't seem ready. So, we put on his new Lightnin' McQueen underwear and gave it a whirl. He did okay for the first time wearing underwear. We set a timer and went every 15-20 minutes (I quickly realized that this is how frequently he pees...I'm assuming that is a side effect to wearing diapers and being able to let it fly anytime you fell the urge.). I did have to clean up a couple of wet messes but once he actually came and told me that he had to go and then he peed right in front of the toilet while I was pulling down his underwear! The second day trying, he did #2 in his underwear and I think it traumatized him. He was so upset that he had "pooped on Queen" that he refuses to put underwear back on or sit on the potty EVEN for a Mickey Mouse sticker! So for now, we are taking a break and will try again soon.

On Tuesday 1/15, we met up with some friends for a play-date at Hopscotch's Play Place. It is going out of business in March and we are SO sad about that! I used to take Ethan there when he was Landen's age and each of my boys have had a birthday party there. Anyway, Landen had a blast playing with Xander and I enjoyed chatting with his mom while we watched them play. We had planned to get lunch together afterward but I received a call that school was letting out at 1:30 due to sleet/freezing rain so we had to skip lunch and head back to Franklin to pick up the older boys.
| Playing dress up...love that little lion, and such a cute Elmo! |
Last Friday 1/18, Landen wanted me to set up the tent that we used at his brother's army birthday party. It has a tunnel and he LOVES it! We played in it all afternoon and then when his brother got home from school they both enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure Landen might have even lured his daddy in there at some point on Friday night. Ethan went to spend the night at his great-grandparents so Landen was lost without his brother home.

On Saturday 1/19, the three of us went and picked up Ethan and his cousin Zoe from my grandmother's to go to the birthday of one of Ethan's long-time friends. The party was at the bowling alley, which was perfect because when Landen and I were driving to his play-date earlier in the week we had passed a bowling alley and when he saw the sign he said "I wanna' go there and roll balls!' Ha! So, we got Landen and Zoe a lane right beside the kids from the birthday party and they all had tons of fun! After bowling, we let the kids choose where to eat and they chose...Fazoli's! So, after they had some spaghetti, bread sticks, and a chocolate chip cookie we headed home.
Today is MLK day and so Ethan didn't have school. Since he has mentioned several times lately that he and I never get time to play together alone, I planned to have Landen stay with a grandparent for a while and asked Ethan what he wanted to do. Our first stop was the public library only to find out that they too were closed for the holiday...we were both a little bummed. So, I offered to take him to BG and we could go hang out at Barnes & Noble (I got a 15% off coupon in my e-mail on Saturday), both of us can spend hours there, and then we could go have lunch at Shogun (a rare treat). But to my surprise he wanted to go rent movies and come home to play and watch them. I did talk him into stopping for lunch by offering to go anywhere... he chose McDonald's.
After lunch we headed home to watch "Harry and the Henderson's". It is evidently a classic move that I have never heard of. It came out in 1987 and is about Bigfoot. Ethan saw a few minutes of it while getting his hair cut last week and has talked about renting it ever since. I have a feeling we will own it soon. It was a great movie!
Ethan and I also practiced magic tricks with the new magic set that he got for Christmas and then we played Kinect Adventures on Xbox. It was a very fun afternoon...so fun that he teared up when it was time to take him to dance (he takes lyrical hip-hop) and go pick his brother up. In order to cheer him up, I promised that the fun wouldn't end there. Josh had a business dinner appointment this evening so the boys and I came home, played trains, got showers, ordered pizza, and watched a pirate movie that we rented today. FUN!!!
Both of the boys are at such a fun age! Ethan can carry on a conversation about AnYtHiNg and Landen is talking in sentences now. They both have such unique and fun personalities and they're so fun to just hang out withas long as they don't start arguing! Just this week, before school Ethan said to me "Mom, the first step of a relationship with a girl is just hanging out and getting to know one another....just BE CAREFUL and don't skip to step fifteen....getting MARRIED!" I couldn't help but to laugh right in front of him....silly boy.
On Saturday 1/19, the three of us went and picked up Ethan and his cousin Zoe from my grandmother's to go to the birthday of one of Ethan's long-time friends. The party was at the bowling alley, which was perfect because when Landen and I were driving to his play-date earlier in the week we had passed a bowling alley and when he saw the sign he said "I wanna' go there and roll balls!' Ha! So, we got Landen and Zoe a lane right beside the kids from the birthday party and they all had tons of fun! After bowling, we let the kids choose where to eat and they chose...Fazoli's! So, after they had some spaghetti, bread sticks, and a chocolate chip cookie we headed home.
| Can you see the love between cousins?? Ha! |
Today is MLK day and so Ethan didn't have school. Since he has mentioned several times lately that he and I never get time to play together alone, I planned to have Landen stay with a grandparent for a while and asked Ethan what he wanted to do. Our first stop was the public library only to find out that they too were closed for the holiday...we were both a little bummed. So, I offered to take him to BG and we could go hang out at Barnes & Noble (I got a 15% off coupon in my e-mail on Saturday), both of us can spend hours there, and then we could go have lunch at Shogun (a rare treat). But to my surprise he wanted to go rent movies and come home to play and watch them. I did talk him into stopping for lunch by offering to go anywhere... he chose McDonald's.
| With his Happy Meal toy and something else he brought from home |
| Silly faces at lunch |
After lunch we headed home to watch "Harry and the Henderson's". It is evidently a classic move that I have never heard of. It came out in 1987 and is about Bigfoot. Ethan saw a few minutes of it while getting his hair cut last week and has talked about renting it ever since. I have a feeling we will own it soon. It was a great movie!
Ethan and I also practiced magic tricks with the new magic set that he got for Christmas and then we played Kinect Adventures on Xbox. It was a very fun afternoon...so fun that he teared up when it was time to take him to dance (he takes lyrical hip-hop) and go pick his brother up. In order to cheer him up, I promised that the fun wouldn't end there. Josh had a business dinner appointment this evening so the boys and I came home, played trains, got showers, ordered pizza, and watched a pirate movie that we rented today. FUN!!!
Both of the boys are at such a fun age! Ethan can carry on a conversation about AnYtHiNg and Landen is talking in sentences now. They both have such unique and fun personalities and they're so fun to just hang out with
Oh! And I forgot to share this with you all in Landen's 3rd birthday post...LOVE it!

No comments:
Post a Comment