Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

For Ethan's class Valentine box he looked at some different ideas on Pinterest and decided on R2D2 from Star Wars.  I found a little trash can at the Dollar Tree that was perfect for the job!  Ethan decided to name him E2R2 after his own initials...I thought it was a very clever idea!




I was at the store looking for the perfect Valentine's craft for Landen and I since I knew that Ethan and I would be making his box together.  Nothing in the Valentine isle really caught my eye so I was headed over to the groceries when "Valentine Cupcakes" caught my eye in the middle of the walkway.  Landen loves cupcakes and he's obsessed with helping in the kitchen.  So.... I thought they would be the perfect Valentine's day task for my little guy....I was right , look at that grin!

Getting started...

Mixing the batter...

It's looking yummy...

Watching the cupcakes cook...



Icing the cupcakes...

Putting "spwinkles" on...

"Ta-Da"

The finished product

Landen was saying the cutest things while making the cupcakes. He said "I a great he-per" and "I a big he-per" when we first started making them.  And then while icing them he said, "I ha ta keep going" because he got tired half way through, ha! When he got icing on his finger he said "It's on my pinga!!"...he can't handle ANYTHNG on his hands.  When he finally got to eat one he said, "It's ta-licious!"  :)  He's precious!!


 Later in the day, I went to Ethan's school Valentine party.  The had ice cream sundaes and passed out Valentines!  Ethan was SO wired all evening from all of the sugar and excitement.
Ethan with his school buddies and his camo dog that was sent to school for V-day
 (He tore the balloon and candy off the dog right away for some reason.)

These were my V-day gift from my super sweet hubby!

 And finally, last night after dinner and showers the boys opened their Valentine gifts from their dad and I...
Landen with his V-day loot

Ethan with his goodies....I told him to try to look more excited and I got this...

Ummm,  is there a happy medium face??  LoL!

                                          What a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day we had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment